What You ShouldÂ Know About California Auto Insurance
When it comes to driving, California is a unique place. Residents will tell you, itâs almost impossible to get around in the state without a vehicle. California leads the country with more than 22 million licensed drivers. Since there are so many drivers, California Auto Insurance is extremely important.
California requires that every driver has the minimum required liability auto insurance policy to cover damages or injuries they may have caused in an accident. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.
There are also a few options available in lieu of purchasing California Car Insurance. These include:
- A $35,000 cash deposit with the CA Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A Certificate of Self-Insurance from the DMV.
- A surety bond of $35,000 from any company licensed to do business in CA.
Besides the minimum required coverages, many California Auto Insurance providers offer optional coverage to add more protection to your vehicle. These include:
- Comprehensive- Covers damages not relating to collisions like theft, weather damage, etc.
- Collision- Covers you and your vehicle if any loss is experienced during a collision, no matter whoâs at-fault
- Medical and funeral services payments
- Uninsured motorist property damage- Covers the cost of damage to your property if caused by an uninsured driver
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury- Covers the costs of medical bills and treatments caused by a collision
- Rental car- Covers the cost if a rental car is need while your car receive repairs
- Towing and Labor
Another great thing about Auto Insurance in California is the California Good Driver Discount. This is a reward for California drivers who fall under the âGood Driverâ category. A Good Drive is one who avoids at-fault accidents and avoid moving violation tickets like speeding, reckless driving, and DUIs. Those who qualify for the California Good Driver Discount can receive up to 20% off of their insurance premiums.
If you are in need of California Auto Insurance or have been contemplating switching providers, California Quotes can save you time and energy by helping you find the lowest rates from the top auto insurance providers in the state. To see how much you can save, request a rapid California Auto Insurance quote today!